The NCSS have reviewed the current situation and have taken into account a number of factors. These include:
- schools being closed due to the pandemic
- Government guidance on participation in sport
- Government guidance on overnight school trips
- Government guidance on travelling here and abroad
- the impossibility of running selection competitions.
- the current non-availability of vaccinations for athletes, teachers and coaches.
The ISF is publishing bulletins for events in 2021. However, the current situation with the worldwide pandemic makes it unlikely that events will be viable. Therefore, we have no plans to send athletes to any events in the foreseeable future.
We will continue to monitor the situation regularly and will make any further decisions on participating when government guidance and other factors indicate that it is appropriate.
NB. We have made an initial registration for the Gymnasiade in October 2021 (originally planned for 2020) so we are in a position to proceed if the situation changes.